Last Modified: August 6th, 2018
Tempus, Inc. is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept appropriately secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
- To analyze, profile and monitor client patterns and better understand the interests and preferences of our key client audiences so we can consistently improve our products and services.
- To ensure the proper functioning and security of our services by preventing fraudulent transactions.
- To ensure we continue to comply with applicable laws, for example in maintaining the accuracy of our records.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We have strict procedures and security features in place to make every effort to prevent any unauthorized access to your personal information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions are fully encrypted using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) via Virtual Private Network (VPN). Although we do our absolute best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, thus any transmission is at your own risk. We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of Tempus who have a legitimate business reason for knowing such information. All of our employees are educated and trained about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. Physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are in place to comply with all relevant laws and regulations and to protect your personal information from unauthorized access.
Tempus is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients. When users provide any personal information to us, they communicate that they are voluntarily providing Tempus with the information. We may collect and use the following data about you and/or your Beneficiary, which may include non-public personal Information:
- Commercial and/or identification information as needed to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable law;
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, date of birth, tax identification number, payment reason, and geographical location;
- To facilitate our Service, we request certain third party information from you, such as your Beneficiary, Sender’s or Recipient’s full name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect from you sensitive financial information of a Beneficiary or a Recipient, including bank account and routing numbers;
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive transactions, and to and for whom you transact with;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We do this for fraud prevention, to improve our Service, and to improve our marketing, analytics, or website functionality;
- Recordings of your communications with our offices, including telephone calls and electronic communications for quality and training purposes; and
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier.
Usage of Information
We use your information in the following ways:
- To process your transactions;
- To verify your identity;
- To collect payment for your use of the Service;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
- To comply with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and anti-money laundering requirements;
- To manage our Services and for internal operations, including: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service; and
- To provide you service updates, marketing notices, and promotional offers.
We will retain your account information, as needed to provide you Service, as required by applicable law, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We abide by strict security standards, but if you wish to cancel your account and stop using our Services, contact us at tempusfx.com/contact. We will continue to retain your account information after your account is cancelled as required under applicable law, regulations, and rules.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell or rent the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share information about you or your Beneficiary (including nonpublic, Personal Information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Tempus that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing. We share your Personal Information with these companies only as necessary to provide you with our Service;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site; and
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, or suspected illegal activity
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following ways:
- To comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tempus, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- To prevent and detect fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so;
- In response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or as otherwise required by law;
- To assess financial and credit risk;
- In the event of an acquisition or merger. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your personal information by placing a notice on our website; and
- To recover debt or in relation to your insolvency
We do not have a published list of all of the third parties with whom we share your data with, as this would be dependent on your specific use of our Services. However, if you would like further information about whom we have shared your data with, or to be provided with a list specific to you, you can request this by contacting us at tempusfx.com/contact.
In accordance with BSA and FinCEN record keeping requirements, we will keep your information as long as you remain an active client and for 5 years afterwards or otherwise as required for our business operations. We may need to retain certain personal information even once a client account has been closed or deleted to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes. We may also retain a record of any stated objection to receiving updates, for the purpose of ensuring we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further. Your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in a manner that cannot be restored or reproduced (i.e. shredding and electronic wiping). Your data is only accessed internally on an as-needed basis, and it will only be accessed or managed if absolutely necessary.
You may have the right under applicable laws to ask for details of the personal information we hold about you, to amend, limit or delete your personal information, or ask for a copy of the personal information you gave us. You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by unsubscribing, contacting us at tempusfx.com/contact. You have the right to correct any personal information we hold on you that is inaccurate or incorrect You have the right to ask us to delete your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to a legal obligation to which Tempus is subject to.
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our Site. Should we make a substantial change to the manner in which we collect, use, or store Personal Information, we shall provide prior notice on our SITE, or by electronic notification.
Sandra Benet, Senior FX Director
Sandra Benet, Senior FX Director
For over 11 years, Sandra has been helping clients manage their international FX payments while protecting their profits to grow their global businesses.Read More
Say hello to the new Tempus App
Say hello to the new Tempus App
Transact anywhere, anytime from your mobile device with the Tempus App. Manage all your payments and FX products at your fingertips with end-to-end transaction tracking as well as instant quotes with the ability to buy in a few clicks.Read More