Highlights from our monthly Tempus toast to straightforward market talk—your opportunity to virtually ‘clink’ glasses with our Bloomberg top-ranked FX traders, some Tempus folks, and chat currency with others interested in FX.
- The Fed’s new framework could mean a tough environment for the dollar in the coming years as rates are likely to stay lower for longer says John Doyle, VP of Trading & Dealing
- The ECB will likely protect the Euro from appreciating much past its early September highs as we have already seen some light verbal intervention.
- The recent Canadian dollar strength is warranted and is likely to continue, especially with the rebound in the price of oil.
- A vaccine could benefit the U.S. more than other developed countries because of how hard we have struggled to control the virus. A global growth expansion could also hurt the greenback on a move away from the perceived safety of the greenback says Juan Perez, Senior FX Trader & Strategist.
- Reidel wine glasses are the choice of resident wine expert and owner of LeDu’s wine, Jacques Marcotte. Of course, they should be hand washed the next day as Marcotte jokingly explains, “...if you’re able to wash them right after use, you are likely using the glasses wrong.” 😉
If your business did not take advantage of the opportunity, you can catch next month’s virtual happy 1/2 hour on September 17th to speak directly with our #1 Bloomberg-ranked FX traders.
Ready to address the specific needs of your business? Book a complimentary online introductory meeting with one of our experts. We look forward to connecting soon and wish you and your loved ones good health.
Ready to raise your glass at our next monthly ‘Cocktails & Currencies’?